- 1968: Rob Fowler Sr. and a partner develop America Outdoors – Key Largo.
- 1972: Fowler Construction builds America Outdoors – Fort Myers and moves to Cape Coral, FL.
- 1973: JoAnne Fowler assumes the role of comptroller of the company.
- 1974: The Anchorage Condominiums and Vista D’Oro Condominiums are built in Cape Coral.
- 1974 – 1982: Fowler Construction builds custom homes and residential developments in Cape Coral, including the first $100,000 home built followed later by the first $200,000 home.
From Residential to Commercial
- 1978: Fowler ventures into commercial construction.
- 1982: Fowler Construction shifts to a permanent focus on commercial construction while pioneering a comprehensive delivery method now recognized as Construction Management.
- 1982 – 1994: As CM, Fowler negotiated through politically-charged permitting processes, securing controversial and “impossible” permits for clients, and built many Southwest Florida landmark projects.
- 1984: Fowler Construction completed major renovations to the West Coast Surf Shop beginning a long association with Fort Myers Beach which has now included most of the town’s major public buildings and many other beach landmarks.
- 1985: Fowler Construction Corporation is re-branded as The Fowler Company.
- 1992: Fowler builds the Fort Myers Beach Public Library
- 1995: Rob Fowler Jr. joins Fowler Construction full-time as PM/Superintendent.
Boom & Bust Cycles
- 1998 – 2007: Fowler builds or rebuilds every Fort Myers Beach Fire District facility
- 2002: Rob Fowler Jr. is named President and Chief Operating Officer of The Fowler Company.
- 2004: The Fowler Company is renamed Fowler Construction and Development to better reflect its core services.
- 2002 – 2007: Fowler builds numerous fire stations for local Fire Districts: Fort Myers Shores, Lehigh Acres, Fort Myers Beach, Iona McGregor.
- 2005 – 2009: Fowler completes large volumes of commercial construction projects during the “Boom” years.
- 2010 – 2015: Fowler survives the “Great Recession”.
- 2012: Based on its unique experience with marine-related construction management, Fowler is selected to perform specialty restoration of the iconic Fort Myers Beach Fishing Pier.
“Great Recession” Recovery
- 2014: Fowler completes restoration of the historic Mound House.
- 2015: As CM, Fowler completes the fast-track delivery of Fort Myers Beach Town Hall.
- 2017: Fowler Construction adds multiple key staff members as it grows over 200%, regaining pre-Great Recession performance metrics. Key areas of expertise including marina, restaurant, and fire station projects lead the way.
- 2018: Fowler Construction is working on varied projects throughout the state including Marinas, Restaurants, Fire Stations, Hospitality, and Commercial projects. Key staff members are accepting greater roles in company operations, and the corporate infrastructure has been solidified for significant further growth that is in the pipeline already.